Why Choose Blue Planet Kayak Eco-Tours?
Owner Chad Bryant and his guides backgrounds include marine science, bird and wildlife studies and tropical botany. They have been exploring and researching the Key’s waters for over 30 years. Blue Planet has been leading tours since 2001.
Unlike our competitors whose tours skirt the developed shoreline of Key West, we paddle Boca Chica channel. It is far superior in scenery, marine life, birds and mangrove islands with tidal creeks only accessible by Kayak.
Let us catch marine life only an expert could find, for you to handle and photograph. Learn about egrets, herons and other birds roosting only feet away or prying the flats for food. Geared for any level of paddler, on this tour you won’t have to go far to see the hiddenbeauty that so many have called serene, enchanting, romantic, and captivating. We take a maximum of 10 people per guide for a personal experience.
Advance purchase is required. Our Key West kayak tours usually sell out well in advance! Check out our eco-tour calendar for tour availability. Kayak Key West with Blue Planet Kayak!
What We Offer
- Morning, afternoon and night tours. Departure time for night tours is dependent on sunset
- Safe, stable and comfortable sit-in kayaks. NO EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.
- A maximum of 10 customers per guide. This makes for a personal and informative adventure
- Complimentary shuttle service upon request
- Discounts for active military and locals
What We Do Not Offer
- Tours or rentals for cruise ship customers. Cruise ships are a leading cause of damage and death to marine ecosystems worldwide. The reef ecosystem near Key West has been largely destroyed in the last decade by deteriorating water quality. Cruise ships have greatly contributed to this problem. If you care about our oceans, think twice before you cruise!
- Snorkeling/kayak combination tours. You will see most interesting marine life in three feet of water or less. Deeper channels have less showy species and harbor delicate and often stinging invertebrates. It’s best to view these animals from afar. If you choose to snorkel, we can rent you a tandem kayak from which to do it. Its stability allows easy water entry and exit and plenty of space for gear. We provide the anchor and you provide your snorkel gear. As with all rentals, you will paddle the Boca Chica area, approximately two miles from Key West.
- Spearfishing and shell collecting are not permitted