Join us for the most enchanting and unique night kayak adventure in the Keys! We lead you into a world of mystery and tranquility on this guided sunset/night tour. View nocturnal marine life! ALL AGES.
Boca Chica Marine Life Mangrove Kayak Tour
Available 7 days a week
All experience levels welcome
Parties of 5 or more receive 5% discount
Complimentary shuttle service provided upon request
Bring your camera!
- Adult (Ages 13 and up)
- Local or military personal
- Child (Ages 4-12)
- Infant (ages 0-3)
- Parties of 6 or more
Boca Chica Kayaking
The Boca Chica kayak tour offers a great diversity of marine life and habitats in a small area, highlighted by fantastic tidal creeks. On emerald water, we meander through islands of exotic red mangroves or “walking trees.” You will want to bring your camera for this! Then paddle over sandy shallows brimming with:
- Unique coral
- Colorful sponges
- Queen conch
- Tropical fish
Your guide will catch some of these critters, so you can get to know them personally! As we drift near a tropical island, look for osprey nesting and wading birds feeding. Queen conch, small sharks, tarpon and stingrays are common, as is the spectacular spotted eagle ray. Because our tours are sheltered from the wind, we encounter no large waves which makes for the perfect marine-life experience!
Meeting Place and Check-In Time
- If you have chosen hotel pickup, we will contact you before the tour to make arrangements. Otherwise, please meet your guide at the picnic area outside East Martello Museum, 3501 S. Roosevelt Blvd., Key West, FL 33040, located near the Key West International Airport. Once you arrive, briefly park your car (no bikes/walk-ups/taxis allowed) while you check in with your guide. Wait in the lot and then follow your guide about 2.5 miles to the dock where the kayaks will be waiting! Lost? Please call 305-394-0280.
- Please arrive 35 minutes before your tour is scheduled to depart. We will leave right on time!
- Dress appropriately for the day’s weather. If light rain is predicted, bring a rain jacket!
- Wear a bathing suit and light clothing that you won’t mind getting wet. You may get splashed from time to time by paddle drip!
- In the winter, consider bringing a sweater or a windbreaker, as it can get chilly out on the water
- Feel free to bring your own beverages with you. You may even bring a small cooler that will fit in a tandem kayak
- Bring extra cash (~$40) if you’d like to purchase any Blue Planet Kayak souvenirs and to tip your tour guide
- Please do NOT bring your own kayak, as our dock does not allow personal kayaks
- We provide dry bags and PFDs
What is not included?
- Snorkeling or swimming are not included. The really cool stuff is seen in water only a few inches to a few feet deep!
This tour will only depart if at least two people have booked. No refunds unless the operator cancels due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. No-shows will be charged the full price. For questions regarding cancellation contact Chad at 305.394.0280.