Kayak through emerald water past islands of exotic red mangroves, enjoying the diversity of marine life and habitats in this small area. Meet marine critters, and enjoy views of osprey, wading birds and more.
Available 7 days a week
All experience levels welcome
All bookings must be made at least 24 Hours in advance and
a minimum of 2 people.
- Local or Military Personal
- Child (Ages 4-12)
- Infant (Ages 0-3)
- Parties of 5 or more
Private Kayaking in Key West
Why paddle with strangers? Experience the best natural habitats near Key West with your own personal guide.
Chase stingrays and small sharks across the flats in a foot of water.
Paddle at your own pace or just relax and drift as the breeze and the tide carry you across gardens of colorful sponges and corals.
Spend the whole tour inside the hidden world of a Red Mangrove island. Numerous jade green tidal creeks accessible only by Kayak offer a uniquely tropical and unforgettable paddle.
Swim or wade through shallow crystal clear water on the sandbars of Boca Chica key.
View nocturnal animals by starlight or moonlight as you glide over flats and pass through mangrove islands. Darker nights produce a light show as bioluminescent algae sparkles in water inches deep
Photograph the birds that made John Audubon famous.
Depart times can be arranged on the hour from 9:00 am until 1hr. before sunset.
Meeting Place and Check-In Time
- If you have chosen hotel pickup, we will contact you before the tour to make arrangements. Otherwise, please meet your guide at the picnic area outside East Martello Museum, 3501 S. Roosevelt Blvd., Key West, FL 33040, located near the Key West International Airport. Once you arrive, briefly park your car (no bikes/walk-ups/taxis allowed) while you check in with your guide. Wait in the lot and then follow your guide about 2.5 miles to the dock where the kayaks will be waiting! Lost? Please call 305-294-8087.
- Please arrive 35 minutes before your tour is scheduled to depart. We will leave right on time!
- Dress appropriately for the day’s weather. If light rain is predicted, bring a rain jacket!
- Wear a bathing suit and light clothing that you won’t mind getting wet. You may get splashed from time to time by paddle drip!
- In the winter, consider bringing a sweater or a windbreaker, as it can get chilly out on the water
- Feel free to bring your own beverages with you. You may even bring a small cooler that will fit in a tandem kayak
- Bring extra cash (~$40) if you’d like to purchase any Blue Planet Kayak souvenirs and to tip your tour guide
- Please do NOT bring your own kayak, as our dock does not allow personal kayaks
- We provide dry bags and PFDs
No refunds unless the operator cancels due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. No-shows will be charged the full price. For questions regarding cancellation contact Chad at 305.394.0280.