Kayak through emerald water past islands of exotic red mangroves, enjoying the diversity of marine life and habitats in this small area. Meet marine critters, and enjoy views of osprey, wading birds and more.
Available 7 days a week
All experience levels welcome
Reserving Kayak Tours for Private Parties
Kayak eco-tours are amazing activities to include with a private group or event. Because our tours are sheltered from the wind, we encounter no large waves which makes for the perfect marine-life experience! For any private tour call 305-294-8087 for more information, or to book your private Key West kayak tour. You can also reach us via email at [email protected]. See below for quick information regarding different events.
We don’t do the actual wedding, but we’re happy to take out the happy couple, your wedding party or guests for unforgettable sunset kayaking or a daytime tour. There is nothing more romantic and serene than drifting on our calm, clear, tropical waters by kayak. Let us take you and your party on a private trip just the way you like it. Pricing dependent on the length of tour and number in party.
There is no better way to learn about nature than by experiencing it. Kids find our show-and-tell approach inspiring, as well as lots of fun! Handling marine animals may lead to a lifelong curiosity and appreciation of our oceans. All school groups receive substantial discounts. Experience tells us the Boca Chica kayaking tour is best for kids.
Company Outings and Group Tours
Don’t kayak with strangers! Instead, take your friends and coworkers on a private tour. By combining resources with other reputable kayak operators we can handle groups of any size. The length of the tour and its focus are up to you. We offer discounts for parties of 10 or more.
Kayaking is the best way to get close to marine animals and shorebirds for amazing photo opportunities. We can take you to the best vantage points for landscape and sunset shots. You choose the time and subject and we will give you the opportunity for great photos. Pricing dependent upon your request.
View the birds that made Audubon famous. Egrets, herons, hawks, terns, and cormorants are but a few commonly seen on our outings. The Keys offer species rarely seen (or heard) elsewhere in the USA. Often you can drift within a few feet of them as they pry the shallows for food or rest on mangrove branches. There is no off-season for birding down here. Tour routing and duration is dependent on tidal conditions, seasonal changes and the species targeted. These factors coupled with the number in the party determine the pricing.
- Feel free to bring your own beverages with you. You may even bring a small cooler that will fit in a tandem kayak.
- Dress appropriately for the day’s weather. If light rain is predicted, bring a rain jacket!
- Wear a bathing suit and light clothing that you won’t mind getting wet. You may get splashed from time to time by paddle drip!
- In the winter, consider bringing a sweater or a windbreaker, as it can get chilly out on the water.
- Bring extra cash (~$40) if you’d like to purchase any Blue Planet Kayak souvenirs and to tip your tour guide.
- If you plan to visit our refuge you may bring your own kayak, however, we do not permit use of your own kayak if you are on the Boca Chica tour.
- Gratuities for your hardworking guides are greatly appreciated.
- We provide dry bags and PFDs.
- Cancellation Policy
No refunds unless the operator cancels due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. No-shows will be charged the full price. For questions regarding cancellation contact Chad at 305.394.0280.