Kayak through emerald water past islands of exotic red mangroves, enjoying the diversity of marine life and habitats in this small area. Meet marine critters, and enjoy views of osprey, wading birds and more.
Available 7 days a week
All experience levels welcome
Parties of 6 or more receive 5% discount
Complimentary shuttle service provided upon request
Bring your camera!
Sunset Kayaking in Key West
Watch an incredible sunset by a mangrove island as dozens of native birds jostle for their nightly roost, including:
Then, by headlamp (and starlight), view nocturnal animals such as moray eels, stone crabs, lobster, squid, octopus and stingrays as they appear only inches beneath you. Your venture through a red mangrove island at night is both eerie and surreal. Enjoy the magic of an underwater light show as your paddle excites bioluminescent plankton.
Because our tours are sheltered from the wind, we encounter no large waves which makes for the perfect marine-life experience! Dolphins and sea turtles can also be seen sometimes. Great for novice and experienced paddlers alike, your foray into the backcountry will leave you exhilarated and in awe of our blue planet and all the wonders she has to offer.
Please note: You will need to arrive at the meeting location 35 minutes prior to the start time of the tour. Also, we will provide plenty of mosquito repellent. (Yes, they do sometimes come out during sunset!)
Meeting Place and Check-In Time
- If you have chosen hotel pickup, we will contact you before the tour to make arrangements. Otherwise, please meet your guide at the picnic area outside East Martello Museum, 3501 S. Roosevelt Blvd., Key West, FL 33040, located near the Key West International Airport. Once you arrive, briefly park your car (no bikes/walk-ups/taxis allowed) while you check in with your guide. Wait in the lot and then follow your guide about 2.5 miles to the dock where the kayaks will be waiting! Lost? Please call 305-294-8087.
- Please arrive 35 minutes before your tour is scheduled to depart. We will leave right on time!
- Feel free to bring your own beverages with you. You may even bring a small cooler that will fit in a tandem kayak
- Dress appropriately for the day’s weather. If light rain is predicted, bring a rain jacket!
- Wear a bathing suit and light clothing that you won’t mind getting wet. You may get splashed from time to time by paddle drip!
- In the winter, consider bringing a sweater or a windbreaker, as it can get chilly out on the water
- Bring extra cash (~$40) if you’d like to purchase any Blue Planet Kayak souvenirs and to tip your tour guide
- Please do NOT bring your own kayak, as our dock does not allow personal kayaks
- Gratuities for your hardworking guides are greatly appreciated
- We provide dry bags and PFDs
What is not included?
- Snorkeling or swimming are not included. The really cool stuff is seen in water only a few inches to a few feet deep!
- Cancellation Policy
No refunds unless the operator cancels due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. No-shows will be charged the full price. For questions regarding cancellation contact Chad at 305.394.0280.