Blue Planet is a small, owner-operated company. Chad Bryant is an environmental scientist with more than 20 years experience researching and exploring Keys marine habitats. Chad’s formal background includes biology, marine science/oceanography, botany and bird research.
All Blue Planet guides have experience leading eco-tours with education in marine science or related studies. We enjoy sharing with you our appreciation and knowledge of this very special ecosystem. Blue Planet Kayak has been leading tours since 2001.
We also offer …
- Morning, afternoon and night tours. Departure time for night tours is dependent on sunset.
- Safe, stable and comfortable kayaks. NO EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.
- A maximum of 10 customers per guide. This makes for a personal and informative adventure.
- Complimentary transportation for tours if needed.
- Discounts for large families and groups.
- Discounts for military and locals.
More than just a kayak trip, we offer an eco-experience!
What we do NOT offer:
- Tours or rentals for cruise ship customers. Cruise ships are a leading cause of damage and death to marine ecosystems worldwide. The reef ecosystem near Key West has been largely destroyed in the last decade by deteriorating water quality. Cruise ships have greatly contributed to this problem. If you care about our oceans, think twice before you cruise!
- Snorkeling / Kayak combination tours. You will see most interesting marine life in 3 feet of water or less. Deeper channels have less showy species and harbor delicate and often stinging invertebrates. It’s best to view these animals from afar. If you choose to snorkel, we can rent you a tandem kayak from which to do it. Its stability allows easy water entry and exit and plenty of space for gear. We provide the anchor and you provide your snorkel gear. As with all rentals, you will paddle the Boca Chica area, approximately two miles from Key West.
Spear fishing and shell collecting are not permitted.